Sunday 15 April 2012

Top 50 queer anthems:

I am doing a small survey for a new mix I am working on and I need your help, what I want from you is your top 5 Queer Anthems, just post the numbers of the 5 songs that you would say is your favorite 5 anthems. Would appreciate any help I can get on this! Eventually I would use the results to pick the top 22 for the album.


1.  ABBA,  “Dancing Queen“
2.  Village People, “YMCA“
3.  Gloria Gaynor, “I Will Survive“
4.  The Weathergirls, “It’s Raining Men“
5.  Kylie Minogue, “Your Disco Needs You“
6.   Pet Shop Boys, “Go West“
7.  Kylie Minogue, “Better The Devil You Know“
8.  Olivia Netwon-John “Xanadu“
9.  Madonna, “Vogue“
10. Alicia Bridges, “I Love The Nightlife“
11. Gloria Gaynor, “I Am What I Am“
12. Cher, “Believe“
13. Diana Ross, “I’m Coming Out“
14. Bronski Beat, “Smalltown Boy“
15. Judy Garland, “Over The Rainbow“
16. Village People, “Macho Man“
17. Frankie Goes To Hollywood, “Relax“
18. Village People, “In the Navy“
19. Coming Out Crew, “Free, Gay and Happy”
20. Dolly Parton, “9 to 5“
21. Queen “I Want To Break Free”
22. Sister Sledge “We Are Family”
23. Whitney Houston “I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)”
24. Barbara Streisand and Donna Summer “No More Tears”
25. Barry Manilow “Copacabana”
26. Tim Curry “Sweet Transvestite”
27. Charlene “I’ve Never Been To Me”
28. Cyndi Lauper “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”
29. Madonna “Express Yourself”
30. CeCe Peniston “Finally”
31. Heather Small “Proud”
32. Sylvester “You Make Me Feel Mighty Real”
33. Peter Allen “I Go To Rio”    
34. Belinda Carlisle “Summer Rain”
35. Dannii Minogue “This Is It”
36. Donna Summer “I Feel Love”
37. George Michael “Outside”
38. Kym Mazelle “Young Hearts Run Free”
39. Paul Lekakis “Boom Boom (Let’s Go Back To My Room)“
40. Wham “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go”
41. Chaka Khan “I’m Every Woman”
42. Culture Club “Do You Really Want To Hurt Me”
43. KD Lang “Constant Craving”
44. RuPaul “Supermodel (You Better Work)”
45. Cher “Strong Enough”
46. Deborah Harry “I Want That Man”
47. Diana Ross “Chain Reaction”
48. Pet Shop Boys “New York City Boy”
49. Dead or Alive “You Spin Me (Like A Record)”
50. Elton John and George Michael “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me”

No comments:

Post a Comment