Have you seen all the YouTube videos about how it gets better?
Dan Savage the writer started it, but now there's over a thousand videos, including ones by TV stars and politicians like Tim Gunn, Kathy Griffin, and Hillary Clinton.
They're actually part of the It Gets Better Project, started to help teenagers who are being bullied for being gay. Young people who are gay, lesbian, bi or trans can share stories from their lives and watch other people's stories for hope and inspiration.
You should check the website:
If you want to add your story, it's easy to do on the site. If you don't, there's a bunch of other stuff you can do too:
- Video Archive: Every It Gets Better video in one place.
- The IGBP Pledge: Take the pledge and show your support.
- Share Your Story: Tell your story in your own words.
- Help and Resources: Services for young people who need help.
- Contribute: Your donations will support teen suicide prevention.
This is such a cool project that I really wanted you to know about it. I hope you visit the site!
Tuesday, 21 February 2012
It Gets Better
Posted by Mutant Gnome at 13:11